Friday, September 12, 2014

Dearest Emma Leigh,


Your mom was around 15 months pregnant and was in labor roughly 100 hours when you came bursting into this crazy world. Ok, maybe my math is slightly off, but I know for certain that exactly one year ago today this world became a much brighter place.

I've known and loved your mom for nearly twenty years, but during this past year she has become a new woman; or better yet, the absolute best version of her I've ever known. You really do make her happy when skies are gray. You were this bright ray of sunshine that came in during some of the saddest days, and something that gave us all something to celebrate.

When I found out that I was going to have a girl, the first thought I had was that I know that she already has a friend, confidante and partner in crime in you, little sweetheart. Because if you are anything like your momma, and J is anything like me, you two will have one of the greatest loves of your lives in each other.

I've loved watching you grow, and I've loved watching you change your entire family for the best. 
You light up the world, Miss Emma Leigh-- and I love you so much it makes my heart ache in the best way possible. Happy first birthday sweet angel! I'll love you always!
Love, 
"Auntie"

No comments:

Post a Comment